STA WEST COAST Trek
Interested in the tech industry and want to interact face-to-face with leading companies in social media, automobiles, payments, venture capital and more?
Want to find out about the value of an MBA in the tech industry?
Join us for the annual West Coast Trek, with a first time ever, an optional Seattle leg!
SF/Silicon Valley - Jan 3rd-5th (you will need to land in SF on Jan 2nd, we have early morning start on the 3rd)
Seattle - Jan 8th-9th
*participants will be asked to arrange their own flights.
Why should I go?
1. Fantastic networking opportunity - you've heard it, and it's true - it's all about the network, especially in the tech industry, where insider recommendations are often crucial for summer/full time consideration. The trek is packed with multiple networking opportunities where you'll be able to interact with both current employees in the tech space and Stern alumni on the West Coast/Seattle. This trek is conveniently scheduled before interviews and will be especially beneficial to those looking to transition into tech post MBA.
2. Get a first hand 'feel' of companies - find out what it feels like to work on the West Coast/ in Seattle, and get a first hand 'feel' of the companies and their culture.
3. Great bonding experience - Spend an intense and exciting 3-5 days with fellow Sternies who are also interested in the tech space, and build your own network within the Stern community!
Which companies are we visiting?
Last year, we visited Facebook, Google, Tesla, Twitter, LinkedIn, Shyp, Eventbrite and Fitbit.
Stay tuned for an update on companies we're visiting this year - we're planning on a super exciting line up!
Reviews from last year's trek:
- 100% of last year's trek participants said that they would recommend the West Coast Trek
- "I hoped to get a better understanding of different functions of tech companies, potential opportunities, and the life and work of Stern alum on the west coast. My expectations well met!"
" I just wanted to get a general feel for the Bay Area and hear more about navigating the process as an MBA. Definitely got what I needed out of the visit, and had a ton of fun"
SAVE THE DATE:
Jan 3-5th (West Coast) + 8-9th (Seattle, optional)
Trek signups are now closed
For any inquiries, please contact the trek leaders Anna, Brian and Kat at firstname.lastname@example.org